In a recent announcement Elex and Skybound announced a collaboration to create a new survival strategy game based on The Walking Dead universe called The Walking Dead: Survivors… The game is fully licensed and will include comic book characters.
Like any other survival game, The Walking Dead: Survivors players need to build safe houses to help their characters survive and then expand their territory. Survivors will have access to improvements for settlements and characters, as well as the ability to manage their army.
Survivors are divided into two types: “survivors in combat” and “survivors in the process of development”, and both categories have their own unique skills and abilities. Survivors in battle are created to participate in battles, and survivors in the process of development will help improve all aspects of the city to ensure its full protection. The characters are adapted from the comics and include famous characters such as Rick, Maya, Wayne, Glenn, Dwight and many more.
The player’s goal is to build a safe and resourceful city, while building an army, setting tasks, building strategic battle plans, building and expanding their bases to explore new territories. Before starting to upgrade any of this, players should think carefully, as the resources they collect are quite limited.
The Walking Dead: Survivors will also feature powerful categories of fighters that they can send into the army to fight their enemies. There are currently three types of fighters: melee, snipers, and cavalry. Each category will have ten levels to improve, each of which will make each fighter stronger. In addition, all survivors in battle can be trained and assigned to different roles and ranks.
Key features of The Walking Dead: Survivors
- Survival in the TWD universe – Meet famous characters like Rick, Michonne and Glenn. Start building your camp and recruit other potential survivors to your team.
- Community management – players must complete several tasks and maintain their camp, which is crucial for survival. Gather supplies, farm, train, explore, fight enemies, recruit new heroes, and take care of your party’s medical needs on a regular basis.
- Settlement siege – keep in mind that the camp is under constant threat from hordes of walkers, so players should reinforce their defenses accordingly. Strengthen walls, place obstacles and place traps.
- Clans – Along with the Walkers, Negan and his band of Saviors also pose a threat to your village. Unite with other players to create clans and expand your territory.
- Study – Always keep exploring the surroundings, as the lands near your camp will have random unique resources available to collect.
The Walking Dead: Survivors available for pre-order on iOS and pre-registration is open at Google Play for Android. The release is scheduled for April 16, 2021.